Video: Diagnosis Wenkebach

For your viewing pleasure:



This is something my training captain emailed to me about a year ago. It has always stuck in my head as the best medical-related study song I have ever heard or seen. Hope you enjoy.

PS. I will be working on a cardiology video tutorial. From anatomy to ECGs, in plain English. I am going to try and teach ECGs a little differently. This is something I always wanted as a student, I get tired of hearing people recite powerpoints. This is going to take a while, but keep a lookout.

6 comments:

Rogue Medic said...

I like this video. It is something that can be used to get students to pay attention and discuss the way they used the information in the video. Is it accurate? Does it help them to remember important information, or only test question information, or both?

Rogue Medic said...

I like this video. It is something that can be used to get students to pay attention and discuss the way they used the information in the video. Is it accurate? Does it help them to remember important information, or only test question information, or both?

Adam Thompson, EMT-P said...

Hmm, I think I appreciate the entertainment value the most. It will keep the students awake, but there is the obvious need for further elaboration. If you have no knowledge of the rhythm, this video isn't the answer. Songs are a good memory tool though. I use to make up little lyrics when studying. I would sing it until it was committed to memory, and during the test the tune would actually help. I can still remember most of them.

Anonymous said...

Great video ! Gave me a chuckle, although my wife begged me not to play it again. Some people just don't understand :-)

Tom B said...

I just thought the chicks were hot from 1:25 to 1:55.

Adam Thompson, EMT-P said...

All the chicks were hot. If they didn't have the EKG strip in the very beginning I wouldn't have known what the video was about. Haha